Since the housing market crash and all the foreclosures, many people in Monterey have begun to rent. This puts quite a strain on the already difficult (and expensive) rental market. Since technically school is done in December, we were looking for a place to stay only through the end of the year. Nothin doin. The rental agencies have gotten wise. Minimum one year leases are the new norm, and all rentals have gone up about $200 a month since a year ago. Bummer.
We finally found a place that would let us go month to month right away. But it needed a serious scrubbing down. I literally bleached the walls and ceilings of this place. When one does this, it is best to wear gloves. Extended exposure to bleach can open up some pretty gnarly sores on a person's hand. But the new apartment is doing the trick. And it's only a 5 minute walk to the beach.
Other notable occurrences in this last month were the anti-nationalized health care protests in Monterey. Lots of people were protesting Obama and his proposal with slogans on big white poster boards. Except for one rascal. One grizzled protester had a tattered cardboard sign that just said "Quit Lying, Bro." He is obviously light-years ahead of the political dialogue in this country.
I can't believe that is the most memorable thing from this last month.
Lindsey's belly is growing out of control. I swear it was like I woke up one morning and our little guy just decided to thrust his presence on the world. But she is such a pretty little pregnant woman. Three more months and our band of gypsies grows by one. Unreal.
There might not be any more posts until then... because we're lazy people.
7 comments:
glad you were the one scrubbing and not lindsey:) what a nice hubby! Are you gonna come to the soon-to-be other Lindsey Walker's wedding? I'd sure love to see your cute little prego self!
He says that I'm a pretty little pregnant woman, but the picture certainly says otherwise. Oh well. And there have been plenty of other memorable things going on, at least according to me, so I may have to blog something too...
YEAH three more months... more growth to come soon!
Look at your cute pregnant self:) Oh and Lindsey I typed wrong on my blog. It was supposed to be 70 a week, not month. Woops:)
I would imagine that Monterey has street prophets like it has sea lions but apparently just one brave soul.
I can't believe that we are about to be name twins. I always knew we were the coolest.
I can't wait to see your little dude.
I did the same thing to my hands not too long ago when I used hydrogen peroxide as part of my disinfecting-of-toys after the last bout of sickness we had.
Well, not we.
I didn't get sick. Just the kids...because I don't hide my vitamins under the couch. I take them.
Anyway, I was wondering where you guys went. It's one thing to stop posting on your blog. It's a whole other thing to stop commenting on MINE. :) Just kidding. I'm glad to know you come read every once in a while though. Everyone needs to see pictures of cute, messy kids and hear my late-night sarcastic ramblings occasionally!
I actually just assumed I had lost yet another friend to something called facebook...seems once everyone converts to that, I never hear from them again...cursed thing.
But I understand. Interest in blogging and the like came in waves for me until it suddenly became the only grownup-esque thing I ever did. Your lives are probably still pretty full of too many grownup things for your own liking.
We can't ever win, can we? :)
I am glad you found a place and I'm sorry you had to resort to such tasks to make it livable. I am very glad you get to be so close to the beach, even if it is the wrong time of year to really get to enjoy that!
I am so excited about how close it is getting to your little one arriving! Does he have a name yet?
My comment is becoming long and jumpy...as usual. I think I'm trying to cram in a conversation since commenting on here is the extent of any we ever have and next time we "talk" will probably be about how cute your baby is. :)
Good luck with the last trimester, wading through political activists, and getting another post up in the meantime. :)
That picture is really really cute.
I hope you both have a great week.
Mandy
Post a Comment