Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I have a what?!

Firstly, as I stated in my previous post, I'm making our blog private here in a while, so if you haven't left your email and you want an all access pass to our lives (via our blog), let me know. Secondly, I can't believe I have a four month old baby! It seems like not long ago I was getting kicked from the inside just waiting around for this little guy to get here, and now he's kicking me from the outside and starting to outgrow clothes. It actually makes me a little sad that he's already outgrowing clothes. It's no secret that people are at their cutest when they are babies. But, I guess there are also fun years to come. He's just so cute and sweet now that I sometimes think that I would like him to always be a baby, but then I guess I would always be really attached to him and unable to do much else... so maybe it's not so bad that he's getting older. I just wish there was a way to bypass the teenage years - you know, the time when boys' brains fall out. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll stay a sweet, well-behaved boy like he looks in this picture:




Little Wes is getting really good at grabbing things, including my hair, and he's starting to roll over now. He also talks a lot. Sometimes when he wakes up in the morning, he'll just lay there and talk to himself for a while. I think he's planning out his day. Yesterday at his four month check up he was 23.5 inches long and weighed 13 pounds. (He sure feels heavier than that when I'm carrying him around in his car seat though.) Even though he came out pretty big, he isn't much of a tank now. I'll admit that his head is a little big, but the rest of him is pretty long and skinny. I wish he would get a little more fat on his legs for me to squeeze. I think he has skinny legs because he's such a busy body. His little legs rarely stop moving when he's awake. He also has a very expressive face, which makes me laugh a lot, and he sticks his little tongue out when he concentrates... which I have to admit I think he got from me. He's usually pretty happy and smiley but when he's upset, he's not afraid to let you know it. Sometimes I can tell he's not crying at me so much as yelling at me... I'm still adjusting to being a mom, but he makes it easier by being super cute, especially in the mornings, which is good because I am NOT a morning person.

Here he is at one month:


Two Months


Three Months


Here he is on his blessing day. He has a bit of an attitude in the picture...


All-in-all, life is good. Tiring and frustrating sometimes, but good. :)

9 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

He is getting so big!! How cute!! You look so happy! Glad all is well. :)

Team Skousen said...

He is super cute!! I like his chilled look in month #3 :) In case I forgot, platinumtalent86@hotmail.com

Stephanie Walker said...

Wow, does it go by fast or what?!! He looks so cute in his tie onesie. I think I need to make him some more! Any requests? Another guitar, or should we mix it up a bit?

Natalie said...

he is so chubby and adorable!

The Ballard Family said...

I totally relate to the entire wishing they could stay little/ready for them to be independent mesh of feelings. Such a whirlwind of emotions, this whole mom thing. :)
I am sure little Wesley does his fair share of scolding you, and that probably won't change (unfortunately, even in infancy, our kids apparently always know better than us, yes?)BUT you know you are probably number one in his book and THAT won't change either so that makes it all better, right? (sometimes...)
He is at a really fun age though...geez, that is how old Bethany was when I became pregnant with James. What on earth...? And anyway, he just looks so darn cute! I love the first two monthly pictures how he looks highly boggled by life in general then by month three, he has things figured out and is just kicking back.
So fun, so cute, and so in need of a playdate in the general location of our sandbox someday...you know, when he can sit up...and...eat sand.
Can't wait for more.

Connie Onnie said...

I am so happy you have the Queen onesie because I was going to get it for him then when I went back it was gone. I can sleep better now knowing someone took care of it.

Anonymous said...

how come none of these pictures look like our baby?

Sabs said...

hooray for baby pics:) so crazy that we're mommies now. when did we get so old? hee hee. Wes is adorable!

Natalie said...

i luv how chubby he is! so cute!