Here are a few pics from the big event:
There are two things you should know about Wesley's love/hate relationship with Abraham Lincoln. 1) He really doesn't like how historical revisionists have nearly deified a man who tried to wage war in an effort to exert federal dominance over the authority of the individual states. 2) He thinks is beard is hilarious.

Mamma knows her boy's gonna rattle some cages one day up in that capitol building.

Lindsey at the north portico, looking stylish as always. You can't see me in this pic because I'm behind the camera. But I'm screaming at Barack Obama so loud. I can't remember what I was screaming about. It was pretty cold out for being so deceptively sunny. Maybe that was it.

WWII memorial.

We'll go back downtown again probably for the cherry blossom festival. In the meantime it's still freezing cold. It even snowed yesterday. Barack Obama is certainly going to hear from me about that.
5 comments:
Hilarious, as always!
You know, Wes, I've never met you personally, but I like your style. :) I agree with your feelings of love/hate with Abraham Lincoln. It's pretty sad that an American citizen can be 20-something before realizing what the Civil War was really about . . . . however, most Americans never do . . . so at least I have a one up on the majority. :)
Glad to see you guys are surviving out there in the cold! We missed you at Samantha's party. It was almost 100 degrees that day. Ugh.
Wes already looks bigger. I am going to try to be better about the blogging thing so show Wes the pictures on their so he doesn't forget us!!
I read this forever ago when you guys first posted. However, I have become unfortunately lazy about commenting and saying hello on others' blogs considering how far behind I keep falling on mine.
Anyway, you do realize that Washington D.C. is my favorite city in the universe? Well...I am a limited traveler but it is certainly my favorite so far and not likely to be replaced anytime soon. One of those that, when I see a picture of or hear someone talk about it, I get that deep ache in my heart that takes my breath away for .5 seconds. Apparently it is comparable to a first love or something.
Anyway (again), I am so glad to know that you guys are finally out east where you wanted to be and that you are safe and sound and happy. I can't wait to hear more about what is going on in your lives and what it is like where you are now. Wes looks like he is growing so much and I am sure he is a joyous handful!
Lindsey, we never got together before you left. :( I believe both of our sisters were getting married around that time and I am sure things were as hectic for you as they were for me, even more so perhaps since you were getting ready to move across the country!
I should probably have emailed instead of commenting because look how obnoxiously long this has gotten...but one more thing...
The plan has been for JC to take me to the Cherry Blossom Festival for my thirtieth birthday. Because I love D.C. And I love cherry blossoms. And just so happens the festival falls around my birthday every year. Always wanted to go. Anyway, coming up next year. May or may not happen BUT if it does, we may need to plan some path-crossage.
That's all. I release you from my ridiculous trail of chatter.
brrr it looks so chilly! Wes, I'll totally vote for you! p.s.Lindsey I know you too well to think that you could be anything but super creative when it comes to parties:)Just have a dance party every year!!! teeehheee
Post a Comment