Grandma and Grandpa Walker were in town recently. We decided to take a trip to the Manassas battlegrounds. This is what The Google has to say about the area:
"The First Battle of Bull Run, also known as the First Battle of Manassas (the name used by Confederate forces), was fought on July 21, 1861, in Prince William County, VA, near the City of Manassas. It was the first major land battle of the American Civil War.
The Second Battle of Bull Run or Second Manassas, as it was called by the Confederacy, was fought August 28–30, 1862, as part of the American Civil War. It was the culmination of an offensive campaign waged by Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia against Union Maj. Gen. John Pope's Army of Virginia, and a battle of much larger scale and numbers than the First Battle of Bull Run (First Manassas) fought in 1861 on the same ground."
So it was, on this hallowed ground, that we decided to take some totally hot pics of ourselves tap dancing through history.
General Stonewall Jackson. Apparently he was some sort of southern hot shot tough-guy. All things considered... I could take him.
Wesley has no idea how the confederate soldiers were even able to maintain their attention to the war when there were SOOO many cool flowers and bugs to touch.
Head shot!




4 comments:
You guys live in one cool place. And have one cute kid.
And...I wonder if that battlefield was so well-manicured back when all the action was happening. I would think it would feel extra eery, all that devastation occurring on a perfect blanket of 3-inch fresh-cut green grass.
I'm gonna actually go with...no.
I hope all is well and that little Wesley is keeping you both sufficiently on your toes.
Oh, and Lindsey, funny you mentioned your basil plant to me . . . it is the one thing that I had been contemplating planting lately. I have other stuff growing but for some reason, I can't get basil out of my mind. I bought "fresh cut" basil in a little plastic carton at the store the other day and thought of you and your plant.
Maybe you should take a picture of it and talk about it so I'm not the only one who does things like that . . . :)
Looking forward to seeing more, keep up the good work!
You posted? how did I not see this? looks like fun!
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
تركيب ستائر بالرياض
Post a Comment