Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

This picture is from our street at the top of the hill.
The rent for our one-bedroom here is pretty much equal to a mortgage payment of a three-bedroom home in AZ but when you're outside, it's a little more obvious why people would pay so much to live here.
Exhibit C:
This is the "Friendly Plaza" that I stroll through to go to the library. I love it! And it's even friendlier right now because there is a giant, decorated Christmas tree right in front.
So you can hopefully see why I've enjoyed being here. Plus, I work from home and have a really easy life... so that's also adds to the awesomeness. But while it will be sad to leave, it will be nice to be back in AZ with my family and friends for a while before we head off to our next adventure. I also find comfort in knowing that we'll be back here in Monterey next fall. As it turns out, fall in Monterey is the best. Hopefully one day next year some of our family and friends will come visit us here (*wink, wink) so you too can experience the awesomeness that is Monterey.
In other news, for those of you don't know, our next adventure is Vienna, Austria. We haven't finalized everything with Brett's internship, but as of right now there is a 99.9% chance that come February Brett will be wearing lederhosen and we'll probably be in Austria too. This guy was none too pleased with our decision to leave... He didn't take the news well.
Look at him turning his nose up at us.
But I suppose if you are going to trade this City Hall:
For this City Hall:

I think that's an OK trade. So Merry Christmas and we'll see you soon!

10 comments:
Wooo!Hooo! I am glad we will have some time together before you head off to Österreich. Wish we were going with you or at least had some money so you could get Russ some sweet lederhosen to go with his trachten.
We are excited that you'll be back in Arizona for a little while! I think Curt would really want to make the trip to Austria with you guys if it weren't for this pesky baby coming! ;) See you soon!
YAY!!! How exciting! It does suck to leave such a BEAUTIFUL place! I really do want to come visit next year! :)
~ I've been meaning to ask you if you know any Hollobaugh's over in CA.?
Back to AZ! YEAH! I hear ya, a little bitter sweet, but you will be back there in no time. I am sure Austria will be an exciting adventure, and when you get back I will be holding a little baby boy. YIKES!
Fantastic! We have to get together while you are in AZ. I am very jealous of all your adventures by the way.
You guys will have so much fun!!! What an awesome adventure, if you can get over that sea lion and his attitude. RUDE. haha.
I love Monterrey too...we used to do our beach outings there. It is beautiful!
Justin and Shauna are Jared's inlaws. Shauna is Karens sister and Jared served and mission with Justin!
Funny uh?!
wow Austria huh? I went there a few summers ago and thought it was just beautiful. How fun that you get to have all these adventures!!!
I sure hope you got the package form Breckyn. Yeah, the tape is OUT OF CONTROL!! You know, at the time I thought we were normal, but looking back...well, good times. I need to see you soon. Like really really need to. So, I think that means you need to come to UT.
I'm glad to hear that, before your next grand adventure, you are coming back to your roots...or at least, some of them. I like to think that Gilbert has an irresistible draw to all those who have ever called it home. Or maybe that is just what people like me...who never really left before "settling down" here...tell themselves...
Though, I don't even feel like I live in Gilbert, or anywhere, for that matter. Just my house. Whatever exists outside of there could be West Africa for all I know! Such is this phase of life!
How did my comment on your blog end up being all about me? Hmm...well, anyway, it sounds like things are going well. I hope your Christmas was beautiful. Merry and bright even. Good luck with all to come. Hopefully, we will all get to read about it.
Brett, I tried to fulfill my need for something cynical/sarcastic/amusing by visiting your little sidekick blog. Wha...? I'd protest but perhaps I will just use the lack thereof as an excuse to watch more Ugly Betty.
Mandy
Post a Comment