Saturday, December 19, 2009

Wesley Carson Walker



All is well with mother and baby.

More to come...

15 comments:

Brown Sugar said...

it is an honor to be the first to wish you CONGRATULATIONS on your blog! The only thing better than one W is two W's, I think we are really going to like Wesley Walker.

mimilee said...

just by looking at him i can tell he is going to be hilarious...

Team Skousen said...

YAY!!! COngrats!!

The Ballard Family said...

Hooray!!!
I have been waiting for this picture. :)
I love his sweet little face and his sweet little name. It is so fitting.
He definitely looks like a Walker.
I hope all continues to go well with these first few sweet, exhausting days of parenthood.
Can't wait for the "more"...but in the meantime, I wish you lots of happy moments and maybe some sleep.
Mandy

Julie Barnes said...

Congrats, you two!! What a beautiful NINE pound baby!

Rachel Chick said...

So excited for you all! he is adorable.

Connie Onnie said...

Oh man look at those checks!!

Lindsey said...

Wow. I am SOOO excited for you! Congrats Linds!!!

Darling. Hurry and post more. I can't wait to see this little monkey!

Sabs said...

oh he's so precious! congrats! wlecome to motherhood:)

Courtney said...

I'm SOO excited to meet Wesley!!! Congratulations!! ;)

Steve and Shell said...

congratulations! he is a cutie! and i love your name choice! classy.

sbk said...

So adorable! I love the name! Congrats.

Dangerford said...

super cute! we are excited to see more pictures and meet the little guy when we get home. great name choice.

Natalie said...

Lindsey and Brett CONGRATS on the birth of ur baby son! So exciting! Miss you guys! From the looks of things though, all is well : )

Rachel Chick said...

I'm replying to your comment on my blog, Lindsey. -- And I still think that your little feller is adorable! :)

Seriously, I was so excited to be a mom. It was unexpected and we were really young, but I was excited, ya know? But about 2 weeks after having that sweet little Hazel, I was ready to lose it! :) I loved her, but I would look at what I was doing every day and feel like I had totally lost myself. I was the maid, the milk cow, the chauffeur, the cook, the laundry woman, I had no abs, my chest was enormous, and I felt as if I were leaking from every pore on my body. I remember cleaning out the garbage can one day thinking, "what have I gotten myself into?" This wasn't like some puppy that would be self-sufficient in a few months or would die in 12 years. This was forever. I knelt down and asked the Lord, in probably one of the most earnest prayers I have ever offered, to please help me love being a mother. I was not a born-mother. I never liked playing with dolls as a kid. I didn't (and still don't) like babysitting other people's kids. I had never fantasized about being a mom. But I tell you, the Lord answered that prayer. -- As I'm sure that he does with all of our most honest and worthy prayers. -- It wasn't an overnight kind of change and there was (and still is) a lot to learn to help things run more smoothly and happily, but he helped me learn. He'll help you too. I know you love your baby completely, but it's a challenge and a HUGE change. You'll have a stomach again. You're chest will return to a size that fits in your shirts and eventually you'll stop leaking. :)

Just give it time. He'll teach you everything you need to know. :)