Thursday, June 17, 2010

Learning as I go

While I'm not sure how many people actually read this, I've had a couple of requests to update, so here we go. It's going to be relatively short, but all anyone probably wants is to see are the pictures of Wes anyway...

Isn't it funny how when you were little you thought that your parents had all the answers and they were invincible...? Then you become a parent and you realize that your parents probably had no idea what they were doing most of the time. They even had scary dreams and made mistakes. Now that I'm a parent, I'm learning all of this. But on the plus side, I'm also learning how much my parents loved/love me. I can't believe how much I love my little Wes. Even though he tortures me sometimes, I can't get enough of the little guy. Here are some of the latest photos...

Here he is swimming for the first time. I know you can't tell in this picture, but he loved it.


Aren't these the cutest slippers?


Cute PJ's courtesy of Connie




Here he is at 4 Months


5 Months


6 Months


At his six-month check up he was 15 pounds and 27 and a fourth inches long. He continues to be long and skinny, but he's starting to pack on some weight now that he's eating solids.


He got some photos done at 3 months, so in closing...

9 comments:

Willy in Chile said...

That last picture kills me! Oh he needs to be squeezed always. Also, I'm pretty sure you're awesome at this parenting thing. A pro, really! Now you just gotta teach me your ways when I start having children.

Team Skousen said...

Wow! He is so big!! Thanks for the update!

Julie Barnes said...

What a cutie!!! I totally understand about loving your child even though they know how to push buttons you didn't even know you had. Wes is so cute. AND long and skinny ;) I can't believe it has been 6 months already!

Sabs said...

oh man that last pic kills me!!! ya i'm pretty sure i have no idea what the crap i'm doing and my 4yrs is starting to catch on. He corrects me all the time, "Mommy we don't say that word." ha ha no it wasn't bc i dropped my bagel:) i just said stupid. anywho, i think you're awesome!!

Rachel Chick said...

What an adorable boy! All adults need to have children --- teaches us to be a lot more humble and forgiving. :) I'm glad that things are going well and that you're still alive! :)

Connie Onnie said...

Yay for pictures!! I can't remember now when it was when I realized that my parents weren't perfect but I wonder why I always thought they were? I think it's always good to just fake it till you make it.

audrey said...

He is getting so big, holy cow! What a cutie!!! Thanks for the invite, I totally forgive you! :)

Shauna said...

Love that 3 month picture!

I just realized I was invited here...yay! The invite had gone to my junk mail for some reason.

The Ballard Family said...

So I managed to neglect commenting on this though I specifically remember drooling over all the pictures when you first posted them. He is darling. And if there is anything we, as a human race, have in common, it is that we are all learning as we go. I think it is when we embrace it that we are able to get ahead of the game. :)
Hope all is well!