Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Family Photos

This post will be mostly pictures, since I don't have much to update since my last post. But isn't it amazing that I am posting again so soon?! I think so.

A couple of weeks ago we did a "mini session" with the talented Stacie and Geoff Lang. They got some great shots in just 30 minutes. Wes had woken up just before we got there, so he didn't feel like smiling very much, but I still think he looks cute.











We even took one of just us, although Brett is usually opposed to such nonsense.

There were others that we liked, but I just wanted to include a few.

By way of a quick update, Thanksgiving was fun. We had breakfast at Brett's parent's house and then the big feast at my parent's. We ate way too much, but that is just what happens on Thanksgiving, right? Even though sometimes its hard being here because we feel like we're just in limbo, it's nice to be able to spend time with our families around this time of year. My mom and I did the big Black Friday sales on the day after Thanksgiving. We were at Target at about 3:45am waiting in line. It got me wondering how people who live where it snows ever do the Black Friday thing because I was freezing and it really wasn't that cold. We hit 2 Targets, WalMart, Kohls, and JCPenny's before calling it quits. I made sure that my mom got all my Christmas shopping done. :) I can't believe it's almost December and that my baby will be turning one! Time has flown by. I love that little boy more and more every day!

10 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

Oh, your pictures turned out wonderful! What a cute boy! It makes me smile to see how you have adjusted to being a mom. I remember about a year ago you were so nervous. It's nice to see how each couple tuns into their own little kind of family. All you really need to be a mom is to love your baby -- the rest comes on its own. And each mom is different from the next. You're doing a beautiful job!

Shauna said...

Such cute pictures!

Team Skousen said...

Oh my goodness! These are such great pics! That little baby is growing SO fast!!

Julie Barnes said...

I love the family pictures! Wesley is so cute!

Courtney said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! Your pictures turned out SO good!!

Ben and Jen McDowell said...

Love that you posted some family pics.. he looks so big now! I'm glad to hear your positive look on motherhood, need that reminder every once in awhile!

Sabs said...

Oh these are sooooo sweet! love em! and your hair looks really hot btw. (that comment is for Lindsey...i guess your hair is cool too Brett and Wes).

Mormann Family said...

Lindsey what a cute little family you have!! Wes is sooooooooo cute!!!!

Clinton said...

Whoa time is flying, you guys look great!

The Ballard Family said...

Okay, that last one is darling. Well, they all are. With such a little one, to get even just that many fantastic pictures, I consider it a grace of the heavens! :)
He sure is growing up, looking like a little man! I think family pictures are so fun, especially when they are able to kind of capture your family personality. That can kind of change over the years, go through different dynamics, so it's always great to kind of freeze-frame it. You will always be able to look at those pictures and remember what it was like to have him at that age...the good, the bad, and you know the rest. :)
I hope you guys are doing well and had a merry Christmas! I can't wait to hear about it! And, as soon as we manage to stay well for more than just a few days, we still really need to have you and Wes over for some playtime.
Also...can't wait to see some birthday pictures. :)