Monday, November 22, 2010

So I'm a holiday behind

I guess when you go private even less people read your blog than before. It could also have to do with the lack of posts... but at any rate, it's no longer private and since I don't really have the excuse of being "too busy" to blog, I figured I would write a quick update.

We're still waiting around for the day that we'll get a phone call saying "you're all clear. Brett can start working so you can be real people again" or something to that effect. This is a sore subject, so we try not to talk or think about it.

Wesley has always been a bit of a clotheshorse. Somehow he was given four showers, each with more cute outfits. But his Halloween costume was one of the only clothing items I bought for him. I decided to go with the warm skeleton outfit.


But Grandma Anderson liked the Tigger outfit he already had (courtesy of Julie Barnes)



So he wore one to my parent's trunk or treat and the other one to Brett's parent's trunk or treat. I thought he was cute either way. I dressed up as Pippi Longstocking and felt silly the whole night because most kids have no idea who Pippi is (those poor little fools) and Brett dressed as this:


Maybe one day I'll get to go to one of those sophisticated Halloween balls, but that day is clearly not today:


We look forward to many more years of exploiting our child's cuteness for candy. I mean look at this kid go! He's pure Halloween candy gold!


Wes is now walking which apparently means bumping his head regularly. We took him to get a flu shot a while back and I was nervous that they were going to think we were beating him or something. The kid just has no fear and is very independent, so I can't just hold him all the time to keep him from getting hurt. Even when he does get hurt, he only lets me comfort him for about a minute and then he's pushing me away to get down. With walking has also come getting in to EVERYTHING. Sometimes he even gets his own snacks.


But we love him all the same. And what's not to love?! Oh wait... OK, so I don't love changing diapers or the fact that he already throws tantrums, but with the bad stuff comes a lot of good, which makes up for all the bad.


I guess those are all the updates for now. Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

I'm not sure how I forgot that your blog was private, but I'm glad that you made it public again! :) Your baby boy is so cute! Good luck with the walking, it's a whole new ballgame, but so very fun. I hope that you are able to find out what you're doing for work soon. I hate limbo too.

Sabs said...

hooray a post! love love love pippi long-stocking! I'm way jealous:)

Julie Barnes said...

I love that you posted more stuff!! AND I can't believe that Wesley will be ONE in less than a week! Wish I was there to celebrate.